One of the best digital marketing channels from a very long time has been email marketing and even in this day and age it serves an important role in digital marketing. There is a lot that needs to be done in order to ensure an effective and successful email marketing campaign from the intricacies of the email to the emailing schedule. Here are some of the do’s and don’ts for email marketing that should be taken into consideration.
- Tracking Metrics and A/B Testing is going to be crucial for a good email marketing strategy. This is the only way you will be able to quantify how your email marketing campaign is performing. With information about the performance of your email marketing campaign, you can take note of the areas where you need to improve your strategy so that the emails you send moving forward are more effective.
- Making Opt Out options easier is definitely something you need to consider. It may not sound like the smartest thing to do but since you already are legally obligated to include an opt out option, you might as well present the option easily available. This portrays a positive image of your brand to the people in your email list. Including a selective opt out option is the best way to go about. People in your emailing list will then just get emails on offers relevant to them.
- Constantly keep educating yourself. Moving forward, technology is constantly advancing and marketing trends are evolving along with them. Keep yourself up to date on the latest trends to make sure you don’t fall behind.
- Never forget mobile friendly strategies. We are 18 years into the new millennium now and more and more people are going mobile. It is absolutely necessary that when you are formulating your email marketing strategy, you keep mobile devices in mind. Internet access from mobile devices has overtaken access from desktop computers so the layouts of your emails should definitely be mobile friendly.
- Never sell your emails out to the prospective customers without having tested it first. You want to make a good impression on your potential customers and convert them into proper repeat clients, right? Then you need to be aware of how the emails you send them looks when they receive them. Before going all out and sending emails here and there, make sure that you test out your emails. Double-check everything and make sure that it is all in working order before you hit the send button for your emailing list.
- Never let the content in your email marketing campaign be nothing more than an afterthought. Make it a point to strategically plan everything from the scheduling to the layout to the details of the content you have in your emails. Every aspect of your email marketing campaign should be perfectly tailored to make the best impression on your potential customers while providing them with information that they will find relevant. If you have made mistakes in the content in your emails, it will not matter to the potential customer if it is relevant to them. Such mistakes will result in the recipient using the opt out option you are obligated to provide them.